5.2.04

Walk This Way...

For those of you thinking of making travel plans to Italy this year, might want to check with your travel agent about getting an updated map. Why you ask? Well the city of Venice is planning on making
One Way Streets for pedestrians. According to the article the fines range from 25 to 500 Euros. To put that in terms of Americans traveling in Europe, it is the equivalent of 2 to 40 McDonald's Menu Meals. To put into terms of this boy living in Europe, 25 Euros doesn't even fill my gas tank, and 500 is more than I pay for rent. And this is the fine for walking down the street the wrong way.

My tip for you if you make it to Venice, besides the careful which way you walk, is to watch out for those dang pigeons. I'm telling you once enter the Piazza San Macro (St. Marks Square) those birds are as bad as mosquitoes in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan in the summertime. Don't believe me, check out these photos from my visit there in October.

One of my favorite shots from the trip.


It didn't take much to convince this student to do this.


Currently listening to: Adam West and Burt Ward performing the audio commentary on: cover

No comments: