17.2.04

It is Just a Broken Belt

Last night I took a trip into Basel to catch School of Rock, which just opened last week. Yes, movies take a while to get to this part of the world. It was quite the funny film, although I am a fan of Jack Black. After the movie, my friend Drew and I headed to a Mexican restaurant/bar to hang out. We had some good laughs talking about life in this small community, Valentine's Day stories (I've got a few I'm debating sharing with you all), our blogs, and other random stuff.

On the way home, my battery light brightened up my car, followed soon by my "get ready to duck and cover as your car is dangerously overheating" light. As I learned long ago with a Caprice Classic, the trick with an overheating engine is to turn up the heat. Oddly enough, I think it was colder air coming into the car than was actually outside of the car. I made it home, but was in a bit of a panic, as I really don't want to have to replace this fine automobile.

This morning upon examination of the vehicle, I discovered one of the belts broken and barely hanging on to the engine. Luckily, I was able to catch my mechanically capable neighbor, as he was heading to the mechanic for some other stuff. So, an hour and ten Euros later, I was back on the road, and ready to cruise for chicks, or go to work, as was the case.

Currently listening to: Bill Mallonee - cover

No comments: