13.2.04

A Song for Valentine's Day

On this Valentine's Day Eve, I feel it is necessary to present to the world a song. It is a song near and dear to me. I think I helped write it back in the early '90s, but it is all a vague memory. I then would pull it out every Valentine's Day during college. Since then it has been laying dormant, save for the one time that one of the two other authors wrote me asking if I still had it. It is tune is based on an old Christmas song, and the lyrics are inspired by a couple guys not finding girls to go to an end of the week banquet at high school summer camp. So I give to you.....

The Ten Days Of Depression
by Ted Kluck, Andy Russell, and maybe Ryan Cordell

On the first day of depression, my true love gave to me.... a whole lot of bitterness.
On the second day of depression, my true love gave to me... two shots of denial.
On the thrid day of depression, my true love gave to me... delusions of violence.
On the forth day of depression, my true love gave to me... a touch of paranoia.
On the fifth day of depression, my true love gave to me... the hope of getting back together.
On the sixth day of depression, my true love gave to me... a reality check.
On the seventh day of depression, my true love gave to me... hopeless despair.
On the eighth day of depression, my true love gave to me... a terminal headache.
On the ninth day of depression, my true love gave to me... suicidal thoughts.
On the tenth day of depression, my true love gave to me... her sister from Boise.

Currently listening to: The above song in my head.

No comments: