26.2.04

"The Passion of Christ" Is Powerful

Well, I have yet to see the new film, not because I'm not interested, but because I live in Europe, where Cold Mountain just opened up last week. Yep, I'm betting it will be another four or five months before we see this new film. But before I do, I'm going to go in for a full check-up with my doctor. Why? According to the news reports "a woman dies during screening of 'Passion Of The Christ'" Interestlingly enough, I've been to the theater where this occurred, and my friend there was claiming that it was the largest screen in the U.S., as of last year. (he could be wrong) So combine the largest screen in America, and the most violent film in a while, and you've got yourself a recipe for danger.

But then again, it could just be the media trying to put a negative spin on the film. We never hear about the many people I assume who die in movie theaters every year. Heck, I've come pretty close to being bored to death at several theaters.

Currently listening to: Toad The Wet Sprocket - cover

No comments: