19.2.04

Smokin' Irish

Well, for those of you who don't know, I'm going to be travelling to Ireland in about five weeks. And although I wasn't planning on having a smoke in a little pub tehre, I guess that decision has been made for me. Not by the school, which would probably frown on it, but by the Irish government. See they are joining the US in creating smoking bans in pubs, public transport, and restaurants. Now, I can remember a few years back in Ireland when ladies would stand on the street corners selling cheap cigarettes, or fags as they like to call them. But alas, two days after I arrive this year the ban will happen. I guess it might be kind of cool to be there when it takes effect.

I do find it funny though that you will still be able to smoke in nursing hoems, prisons, and psychiatric hospitals. I know there is a joke there somewhere, but you will have to leave it in my comment box.

Currently listening to: Wiener Opernball (Vienna Opera Ball) on television. Talk about culture.

No comments: