3.2.04

Clothing Malfunctions

Well, I decided I should toss my two cents in on the whole Superbowl Halftime show fiasco, or the "Boob Shown Around the World." I happened to be watching with several of the guys in the dorm, and didn't want to laugh or bring any attention to the incident, so I just played it off like nothing happened, but then when they started asking if they saw what they saw, I said, "no, it was just some flesh colored costuming." But then after the game when I got home, I checked this internet thingy, I found out that I was wrong.

Here are a couple questions I have -
1. Why was Janet even asked to perform anyway? She hasn't had a hit in years. Were Right Said Fred busy? (before you laugh, they have had a hit in Europe more recently than Janet.)
2. Why was Justin singing one of his older hits? Is it because these lyrics, "Just close your eyes I'll grab your waist" didn't feel as shocking to act out as "Cause I, gotta have you naked by the end of this song"
3. Should we really believe MTV who earlier this year gave us the Madonna/Britney record sales promotional kiss, and earlier this week promised a "shocking" halftime show.
. Is no one going to mention the improper use of the flag by Kid Rock? Last time I checked, tearing a flag and using it as clothing was on the same list as burning a flag. How does that fit into the whole patriotic theme of the game?

And before I put on my foil hat back on, let me toss out this theory for 4discussion. Could this have been two fold ploy by Janet Jackson, as she is the only one taking any credit for this action. She probably thought it would help her record sales, although she should have checked in with Tiffany to see how post-naked sales really are. And she probably thought it would move the spot light off her brother for a while. That or she was just trying win the Jackson freak off, but we all know LaToya is winning that.

Currently playing: Last Train Home - cover

No comments: