21.2.04

Dorm Laughter Contest

Once again, I'm covering for some of the staff at HBR, the dorm I lived in for two years. So far all is going well, and it is good to back into the old routine. Helping with the cooking, driving guys around, joking, talking, and just hanging out. Tonight we banned the guys from watching a movie, and instead had them play various games. One of the games someone came up with had three guys sitting on a couch. Then a couple people would leave the area for a little bit, and when they returned they had to make those on the couch laugh. At one point, the dorm dad and I went back to the laundry room to try to figure out what to do to cause a laugh. I initally joked about doing the "Truffle Shuffle," but decided it was too easy. The dorm dad took off to try something else, and as I was waiting it dawned on me, the perfect laugh getter. So I set it all up, by changing into one of my sweaters that was in the dryer, and getting the right prop. I then heard a little laughter so I figured the dorm dad had already made his attempt. I then came down the hall, acting a little frustrated that I didn't get my shot to join in the attempt to make the crowd laugh. After the laughter died down, and one student claiming that he still didn't laugh, I begin to scratch at my belly button. I then in a normal tone announced that if there was one thing that really bugged me, it was belly button lint. At the same time I pulled out almost two hand fulls of lint from under my sweater. BANG - everyone was laughing, and laughing hard. With the help of two industrial sized laundry machines, I won the contest. Ahh, it felt good to be king.

Currently listening to: Nothing

Here are the old old comments.

No comments: