19.4.05

Time For a Chicken Dinner

In Germany, the dorm I lived and worked in was located between a field where sheep grazed and a corn field. Horses ran free in a field across the street. We made up about ninety percent of the population of the suburb known as Riedliger Bad. It was a thirty minute walk to the nearest McDonald's. We could get no pizza delivery. I could look out my window at night at see hundreds of stars. And our water came out of a well that was in our courtyard.

In Korea, my dorm is in a city of 1.4 million people. I can get chicken, Chinese (the food, not people), and pizza delivered to my door. I can be at a McDonald's in three minutes. I dodge motorbikes, taxis and buses every time I try to cross the street. As I look out my window at night, I see hundreds of neon signs lighting up the sky.

The question I ask you is in which location have I had more naps and other sleep opportunities disrupted by the sound of a rooster?

Currently watching: Vigilantes Of Love -

No comments: