24.4.05

My Birthday Hike

Today, I took the chance to get away from the city and all the noise.

I wanted to spend some reflecting on my first thirty-two years of spinning around the sun on this little sphere, so I found a great spot overlooking a man made lake.

After an hour of just sitting still, I decided to do some wandering in the woods.

Five hours of wandering and hiking later, I emerged back to civilization feeling a bit dehydrated. Luckily some Korean ladies were sitting outside of a house. One of them began yelling, "mul," and offered me a drink from the garden hose.

I then treated myself to a fine meal of chicken over pasta, with some fresh mushrooms I picked up at the store. Not too shabby for a quiet birthday.

Tomorrow, I will post some of my thoughts as I reflected in the woods. Tonight, my brain and body are tired, and I have to be up in six hours to begin another week of life in the dorm. So nighty night.

Currently listening to: Currently listening to: My iMix for the weekicon.

No comments: