2.4.05

RIP PJP

In my world travels, I have had the opportunity to hear the Pope speak twice. The first time was seven years ago this month. A group of friends were wandering out of a Roman pizza place when my super-human hearing picked up the sound of a loud speaker off in the distance. At my urging, we followed the sound until we entered upon St. Peter's Square. There the Pope was addressing a crowd made up of mostly youth.

And then a year and a half ago, I again found myself in St. Peter's Square listening to a Sunday morning mass. A few times during that service I wondered if he was even going to make it through the service.



Now I curiously watch to see the whole process of picking the next pope. I also think of those who were with me on my trips to Rome. Ah, many good times in Rome.



Currently listening to: John Denver -

No comments: