24.4.05

Favorite Concerts iMix

This weeks iMix is a collection of songs from some of my favorite concertsicon I've attended. As a fan of music, I've attended quite a few concerts. It was tough to pick these songs, but here are a few reasons why...

1. "Weird Al" Yankovic - I've seen him a couple times, well worth the show.
2. Vigilantes of Love - This is the band I've probably seen the most.
3. Will Kimbrough - Caught him with Bill Mallonee in New York City. A great show.
4. U2 - Nothing like being front row at one of their concerts.
5. Trout Fishing In America - A great band from Arkansas. Fun for the whole family.
6. Sting - I've seen him three times on two different continents. He keeps getting better.
7. Travis - I got to see them for free in Freiburg. It is great being taller than the fence surrounding the outdoor show.
8. Dolly Varden - Saw them at the Boarderline with Bill Mallonee. Enjoyed a meal with them as well.
9. Julie Lee - Also performed at the Boarderline.
10. Buddy Miller - I've seen him play with Emmylou Harris and on his own. A very talented man, with an equally talented wife.
11. Big Head Todd & The Mosters - "Band of the Future," at least that is what friend of mine was told.
12. They Might Be Giants - They were on the bill with Big Head Todd. A great combo.
13. Simon & Garfunkel - I can't thank my friend enough for the tickets, or at least his wife for not wanting to go to the show.
14. Steve Taylor - Too bad this guy isn't still recording his own stuff.
15. Rich Mullins - I think I caught ten of his shows.
16. Bill Mallonee - The man who was V.O.L. When I get the chance to see a show, even if it means going to a different country.
17. The Corrs - Attractive, Irish, and musical. What more do I need to say?
18. Bon Jovi - I was able to be at the taping of Bon Jovi - The Crush Tour
19. Stryper - Sorry, it was my first real concert. I guess this is where it started.
20. White Lion - They opened for Stryper.
21. Nena - It was like a dream come true for a child of the eighties, to be front row at a Nena concert.
22. Nelson - Need I say more.
23. The Monkees - I was expecting free tickets, I got backstage passes as well.
24. Lenny Kravitz - One of the hardest working performers I've seen.
25. King's X - I always wanted to see them, I wasn't let down.
26. Elton John - The duet concert with Billy Joel was a great pairing.
27. Billy Joel - Have you forgotten already? See above comment.
28. Coldplay - I don't know what was better - the concert or the stories about my driving to the concert that will be told forever.
29. Beki Hemingway - Saw her on a rooftop in the Chicago area. Later found out that I went to college with her brother.
30. Howard Jones - Another performer at that Nena concert. Long live the 80s.
31. The Hooters - Another eighties band that is still sounding good.
32. George Strait - I'll admit I've been to a few country shows. And he is the king.

Currently listening to: This weeks iMixicon.

No comments: