24.5.04

Two Concerts and Two Ladies

The other night, a friend of mine offered me four tickets to see Gordon Sumner in concert. Not being one to pass up an opportunity to catch a concert, especially free, I took the tickets and three students to Zurich to catch the show. As concerts go, this was one of the better I've seen in a while. The lighting and graphics behind the band were stellar. And as expected the band was composed of great artists from across the globe. The only down side to the show was the opening act, who was a great piano player, but came across a bit bitter, not to mention attempting a song in German in front of a mostly German speaking audience.

But what does that all have to do with the title of this entry? Well, I thought back a four years ago when Mr. Sumner's tour passed through this area. A small group of friends went up to Freiburg to see the show. In the group were two females, both coworkers. One of them I was interested in at the time and even bought her ticket to the show, so she could go. The other was just a good friend. So now, four years later, I found myself thinking how the one that was just a friend still keeps in touch with me, and we still have a friendship. The other, well let's just say I haven't heard from her in years, and don't expect to this side of heaven.

Just thought I would share. If you get a chance to catch this tour, do so, but show up late. If you get the chance to take a girl you are interested, go dutch. You will thank me for it.

No comments: