22.5.04

Surf and Grass

Last night I saw Handsome Hank and his Lonesome Boys and Leopold Kraus Wellenkapelle in Basel. I wasn't too sure what I was getting myself into, but Handsome Hank came quite recommended by a friend of mine. I was a little concerned when before the doors opened, I was surrounded by a weird mix of Emo kids, a few European dressed like cowboys, and a few metal fans. All in all, it was actually a pretty decent show, although I was a bit more impressed with Leopold Kraus Wellenkapelle. Not to say that I didn't enjoy the bluegrass renditions of Daddy Cool and Paradice City.

If you get the chance, catch one of these bands in concert. Leopold Kraus Wellenkapelle will be bringing their Surf music sound to the Kandern area this fall. I'd organize a group to see them, but I won't be here. Oh well.

Currently listening to: Leopold Kraus Wellenkapelle - Schwarzwarld Fieber

No comments: