8.5.04

Dorm Weekend

Well, I'm helping out in the dorm this weekend. It is always an enjoyable time, plus lots of cheap entertainment. Imagine, if you will, thirty high school aged guys living in one building, and you will get an idea as why this place can be a load of fun.

Last night was the Junior Senior banquet, and I know you all waiting to see the fun photos, but you will have to wait. I won't be able to upload anthing until Sunday at the earliest. Monday many of the photos will hit the BFA website . But be sure to come back here, as some that will not be posted there for various reasons might hit this site. If you are really itching to see some photos check out the sites of two guys who were sitting at my table, Drew and Andrew Speaking of Andrew he has some big news that he is sharing on his blog. I guess that means I've got to cross another gal's name of the list. And boy, have a lot of names been crossed off that list this year at BFA. I think something is in those Nalgene bottles they are all drinking from.

I leave you tonight with a quote from a book I've begun to read. The book is on Generation Xers and their place in missions. I've got a feeling that I'll be sharing a lot from this book with you all in the next few weeks. Tonights quote...

"It is not power that we want. Postmodern ideas have given us the tools to see power for what it is, and frankly, it's not attractive. We don't want it. What we're concerned about is justice and the equality that we believe will come through an honest commitment to diversity."

Currently reading: cover by Richard Tiplady

No comments: