6.5.04

Good Times, Good Tunes

Well, I just got back from a little trip to Freiburg where I saw Fools Garden perform an unplugged show at the Isle of Innisfree. I went on a whim, as I liked their song "Lemon Tree," but man was I surprised. These guys did a great job and had the whole crowd singing along. And not only did they do a lot of their own songs, they did covers of some personal favorites including "Angels," and "Weather With You." One could tell these guys enjoy what they do, and they do it well. If you get the chance to see them live, I highly recommend it.

While the show was great, I was a little disappointed that the Isle was not serving their full menu. I was so looking forward to getting my regular meal there. I had to settle for a hot dog and brotchen. The other disappointment of the evening was when I discovered that they have dropped a new Burger King in the downtown area of Freiburg. Before any of you BFA people get all excited and ask me where it is, I will let you find it on your own. It won't be too hard, as while the McDonald's in the city center sort of blends in to the surroundings, the BK sticks out like a sore phalange.

Currently listening to: Sarah Harmer - cover

No comments: