24.6.04

What a Game

As a resident of Europe, I've felt obligated to watch a few of the matches of the Euro 2004. I've seen a few on the big screen at a local pub, but tonight I chose to watch the England-Portugal match at home. I was enjoying the fact I could get other stuff done while I watched, but as the game went along, I wished I was in the company of other sports fans.

Well, for those of you who don't follow the match it was quite the game, going into penalty kicks to determine the outcome. As I know at least one of my readers is an English fan, I have one question to ask... How about that Beckham?

It is interesting that the bookies are not only taking bets on the game, but they are also betting on how many English fans show up for work on Friday. As the game when late into the night, and the tough loss, I'm betting more will "call in sick" than expected. I wonder if the good Dr. Lee will make it to work?

Currently protected by: cover

No comments: