7.6.04

God and Grub

This morning I read this article about the new fad of Christian diets. Interestingly enough, they are all fruit and veggie based. Which begs the question why have all the tasty animals been put on this planet. If God didn't want us to eat them, whey did He make them taste so yummy when battered, breaded, fried, baked, or grilled? That and was there not some simple straight forward in Paul's vision?

I actually think the real reason was summed up with the final quote of the article, "When God gave me this health message I knew it would have a major impact on the world," he said. "Just as the Bible is the best selling book in history, I see no reason why 'The Maker's Diet' can't be the best selling health book in history." Do you hear the "God wants me to be rich" mentality that is destroying the church?

Well, I thought this was going to be the only Godly food thing I was going to see today, until Sportophilia pointed out the wonderful world of Cheesus. Now there are way too many jokes possible here. I'll give you a couple. Do they only make these from the milk from a sacred cow? What is the proper wine (or grape juice) do you serve with Cheesus? Will students at Christian colleges start living on Mac and Cheesus?

Currently listening to: Johnny Cash - cover

No comments: