23.6.04

The Cheese Stand Alone

You know I never really understood that phrase, but I think that is what is happening now. I've said goodbye to most of the people who have played key roles in my life over the last few years. It has been a rough couple weeks as it felt like every couple days we were taking another friend to the airport. But I guess that also gave us reasons to get together every couple nights to have another going away party. There were a few "final" meals at my favorite hangout in the area. In fact last night as I was there with a group, one of the waitresses asked if they should just make a bed for me.

Now I am beginning my packing process. I've got several boxes of CDs scattered around my apartment, several bags of clothes have been donated to charity, and I've got a huge stack of stuff to take to the recycling center tomorrow. I know I've still got a few weeks before I too depart this place, but the sooner it is done, the better. Anyone want something from the Cordell collection of random junk?

Currently watching: cover

No comments: