5.4.04

Weird Donations

Marge Simpson once said, "Dear God, if you spare this town from becoming a smoking hole in the ground, I'll try to be a better Christian. I don't know what I can do... ummm, oh, the next time there's a canned food drive, I'll give something the poor something they'd like instead of old lima beans and pumpkin mix." This quote makes me laugh, as I know many people who give the canned foods they bought but never would eat to charity food drives. But some lima beans are nothing compared to what I saw this last week.

See for those who actually follow this site, I was away in Ireland working with a group of students from my school. There we worked with a few youth clubs, did some painting at the mission, and spent some time helping sort clothes for a homeless shelter. While we were sorting we found a few things that made us laugh. Yes, we expected plenty of out of date and out of style clothing, but we never in our wildest dreams thought that we would find a gorilla suit. Yep, someone donated a full gorilla suit to a homeless shelter. Makes you wonder what was going through their mind. I mean what kind of person look at a gorilla suit in their closet, and say, "man I don't know if I'm going to use that anymore, I hope some needy person can make use of it." Well, either way, it was donated.

But the story doesn't end there. You will probably want to know where that gorilla suit will end up. Well, I can assure you that it is now in good hands, and located in Germany. See the people in charge of the clothing sort told us if we found anything we would like to keep, just to ask. Plus, it just fit me so well....



I'd be curious to see if anyone else out there has any other funny donation stories. Leave me a comment, and tell yours. Also, I've posted more photos from the trip on my site for all to see.

Currently watching to: cover

Here are the old comments.

No comments: