21.4.04

Swiss Movie Perks

Ok, one of the joys of going to see a movie in Basel, Switzerland is assigned seating. Yes my friends, you not only get a ticket to the movie, but a specific seat. To me this is great as you don't have to worry about having your group broken up into multiple rows.

Another feature is the pause. Midway through the movie there is a ten minute pause that I'm still deciding if I fully like it or not. Sure it gives you a chance to take care of excess pressure that might have built up during the show, as well as discuss the first part of the film. But at the same time it does break up the film a little, and disrupts the flow to some extent. But then again, when seeing a 3-4 hour film, it does come in handy.

Finally they have a lot of advertisements before the movies, besides the trailers for upcoming films. Usually there is at least one that will just crack me up. Currently the one that kills me is called Murmeli. Although the other ad on this page is just as funny. Enjoy.

Last film I saw in Basel: Big Fish I saw it last week, and highly recommend buying/renting this if you live in the states when it comes out next week. If you are in Europe or elsewhere, catch it in the theaters.

Here are the old comments.

No comments: