27.4.04

Battle of the Bloggers

Alright folks, I've been dissed one to many times by the man who calls him self Der Iron Chef. It was one thing when he questioned my ethics and standards in regards to my stance on Starbucks, but then he has berated me because I give him eProps for every word he says. And for those who have seen the front page of my website, might find this post of his slightly interesting.

So what is a boy to do about this? I've decided a simple friendly challenge is in order. I will invite him to my house (or a neutral location if he wants) to have a battle of the bloggers. I'm still trying to figure out the basic contest style, but here is the idea I have for now. We would have five rounds where we would get five to ten minutes to post a blog entry on our respective sites. Each round's topic would be chosen by a third party who would also officiate the match. There could even be a lightening round, where we have to create a post using every word, topic, or suggestion tossed out by the official over a three to five minute period. Then after the posting is complete, we would give a predetermined amount of time for the general public to read and comment on the posts. We would then have some non-partial way of creating a poll of who was the winner of each round. The winner would have to win three of five rounds. The winner would then receive a free fish and chip dinner and one free post on the loser's blog to brag on their victory.

I personally am willing to step in the ring with the boy. I'm going to post a challenge to him on his site. If he is man enough to battle, he will comment below. Then the arrangements of time, location, and final rules will be set. So check back soon.

Currently listening to: Tears For Fears - cover

Here are the old comments.

No comments: