24.4.04

I Can't Even Make This Stuff Up

So last night was an event at the school where various staff members went in disguise in Basel and the students had to find them for clues to solve a mystery. Well, as another staff member and I were hanging out incognito on the street with the main movie theaters, we decided to spend a part of the time having dinner at an asian food place called Mr. Wong. Well, she went and got her food first, so I could stay on the street so kids could see me. When she came back she handed me a coupon that she got for a free beverage. I then went in and got my food, and what I thought would be a free beverage, although the fine German print said only at their new location at the train station. When I handed the nice lady the coupon, not reading the fine print myself, she said "You have the wrong, Wong," which sounded way too funny with her accent.

I still am laughing thinking about that. Sometimes simple humor just kills me.

Currently listening to: Sarah Harmer - cover

No comments: