31.7.05

It's Official

I'm officially certified as an Open Water diver. And while I was excited on my drive back to the dive shop after our last dives today, I heard some humbling news on the radio. Dick Clark informed me and the rest of his listeners that the song, "Always Something There To Remind Me," by Naked Eyes was a hit twenty two years ago. TWENTY TWO YEARS!!! Dang I'm old. I can still remember listening to that song as my siblings and I were forced to pick strawberries in the fields of the Keweenaw Peninsula. Dang mom and her need to make pies.

I really enjoying the new Nick Hornby book. To be honest, I was a little let down by his "How To Be Good" book, but have enjoyed all his other works. But the subject matter and way the story is told is very unique. I'm very appreciative of a Swiss German speaking British Doctor for tipping me off to this author.

Speaking of the Swiss, I want to wish all a happy Swiss National Day to all. While in Europe this was one of my favorite holidays (up there with Faschnacht, Sylvester and April 24th). There is nothing like sitting on the Rhine river in Basel watching fireworks. So if anyone is reading this in the greater Basel area, celebrate the Swiss with a Feldschlosschen or Calanda for me.

Currently reading:

No comments: