12.7.05

If He Never Saw An Eagle Fly

Well, it is not a Rocky Mountain High I've got right now, but I'm enjoying being out in the woods again. After living the last six months in a concrete jungle where I only saw on average three stars in the night sky, it is good to be back under a wide open sky. It actually makes me sad to think that when most people read Genesis 15:4-6 they don't get the full effect, as they have never seen a sky with thousands, if not millions of stars above them. I also find it funny that while I hate being woken from sleep by a dog or a chicken in Korea, I find it peaceful to awake to the sounds of loons here in Michigan.

And to top my nature experience off... yesterday as I swam in the clear lake an eagle soared above me for at least twenty minutes... never flapping his wings.

Today, I ventured out of the woods for a class I'm taking. Plus I've got to buy some lighters to set off a huge amount of fireworks that have been purchased for a celebration this weekend. If you are in the north woods on Saturday night, look to the skies for a million stars and things going boom.

Until my next escape from the woods....

No comments: