6.7.05

It's A Small World After All

So I'm out in the middle of nowhere New York at Houghton College attending a Pre-Field Orientation for people working with Third Culture Kids. For those of you keeping score at home, you will realize that I've already been on the field, but that is another story.

It has been great to meet many new people, including several people I'll be working with at TCIS - like this guy. While I knew I would meet them, as well as the amazing Coach Foster, who I worked with at BFA, I didn't realize how small my world is.

See, I've been sitting in classrooms with people who: are realated to a gal I worked four summers with, have a daughter I went to Ireland with, are best friends with people I worked with at BFA with, went to college with guys from my BFA dorm, worked at English camps with me in Germany, are dating a friend of mine, or are parents of one of my current coworkers. I guess the longer you are in this industry, the smaller your world gets.

In other news: two days until I get to cruise around in my kayak.
My dad in my kayak.


Currently reading:

No comments: