28.7.05

The Usual

Today when I entered Blimpie for my use of their free internet, the gal behind the counter asked if I wanted "The Usual." Once again I've made it, as I feel it is a great honor to be able to walk into a place and ask for the usual, and the people really know what you are talking about. Either that or they welcome you by name when you walk in. So far I've had about six to ten places like that. My favorite place still has to be the Isle of Innisfree in Germany. Bah and Jespersen if you are reading this, we need to meet there soon!! (Most anyone else is welcome too, but those were the ones who spent the most time with me there.)

I just overheard a very large and tattooed man use the words "sparkly and shiney" on his cell phone. Did I mention he also had a mullett and a denim shirt with the sleeves ripped off? Luckily, I'm smart enough not to laugh out loud.

Someone wondered how remote is the place I'm living in this summer. Well, to give you an idea, during the last thirty minutes of my drive home, I saw more animals than people in vehicles. I almost even pegged a porcupine with the pickup. And that was before I turned off onto the dirt road portion of the trip.

Someone else asked about the class I'm taking right now. Well, I've been learning to scuba dive at Diver Down in Marquette. Sure, it might not be as academic as some might have thought, but it has been fun. Although the last class about kicked my butt. We had to do laps in the pool and then tread water. I have passed the class portion of the test. Now I just have to complete the open water dives this weekend. They shouldn't be too hard, although they take place in Lake Superior, the largest and coldest fresh water lake in the world.

So anyone wanna be my dive buddy?

Currently reading:

No comments: