20.1.05

Watch Out William

Last night I was invited to spend some time at the local noribong. This is a place where you rent a small room equipped with some monitors, a couple microphones, and a list of songs from the 70s, 80s, 90s, and today. Oh, did I mention there is even a bubble machine for added effect. For an hour or so, the room is yours to sing to your heart's content.

Just like a little kid who watched Evil Kenievel death defying jumps, and then mimicked them, I've been influenced by American Idol. So, I took a page out of the William Hung's guide to popularity in a foreign country, and grabbed the mike.

Now I'll admit, I'm not the best singer in the world, but you gotta give it a shot. And a shot I gave it. And I've found the song that will become my signature noribong song. It will become the song that I will rock the mike with, the song that I'll try to work in on every visit, the song that soon the Koreans will start referring to as Cordell's Song, instead of the original title of Jump.

Currently listening to:

No comments: