17.1.05

Leggo My Eggo

On my first full day here in Korea, I went downtown with Drew and Virginia in search of food. On the way to the restaurant we spotted a pirate statue. As Drew is a avid web searcher, he knows of the whole debate over pirates and ninjas. And while some might consider him a digital pirate, he quickly pulled out his ninja suit so he could pose for this picture. He wants to prove to the world that pirates and ninjas can live in harmony.



Now, not too far from this spot I was approached by a one armed Korean man looking for a hand out. Due to my lack of command over their language and lack of any currency in my pocket, I tried to ignore the man. Well, this tactic didn't work, as he walked a few steps along side of me, and then grabbed a donut right out of my hand and sped off. You would think that having a pirate loving ninja by your side would protect you, but no, I was now donutless in this strange foreign land. And if the whole thing wasn't so freakin' funny, I might have done something. That and the donut was free anyway.

Yesterday I watched this on Korea television:
(I'll say it's not Spielberg's greatest)