13.1.05

On Familiar Turf

The trip keeps on getting longer. After sitting in Bloomington for hours, we eventually departed for Detroit. I am not stretching the truth when I tell you we spent less time flying to Detroit, than we did circling the airport waiting to land. Would you believe that the extra time in the air caused me to miss my flight to Amsterdam?

Luckily, a quick thinking guy at a ticket counter did some magic, and I now sit in downtown Paris. I do have to admit, it is really nice to be back in Europe. I won't be here long, in fact I need to be heading back to the airport soon. But I couldn't resist coming into the city for some French pasteries and a doner kabob.

Oh, by the way, due to my one way ticket, extra luggage, and my general looks, I've been marked, and must be fully searched, including my carry-on backs unpacked, at every airport.

Hopefully my next post will be from Korea. But the way things are going on this trip, I wouldn't be shocked if it wasn't.