1.1.05

Fear The Tsunami

Tonight as I was flipping channels, I came across the Glutton Bowl. As I didn't think I could find anything more interesting to fill part of my New Year's Eve celebration, I decided to watch. For those of you not familiar with the Glutton Bowl, it is a competition of consumption. Several athletes battled in preliminary rounds of eating, with the winners heading to the final round. Each round consisted of different foods including eggs, mayonnaise, hot dogs, cow tongue, Rocky Mountain Oysters, and sushi. This event is put on by the IFOCE (International Federation of Competitive Eating)

As I know most of you will not take the time to catch a rerun of this battle of the bellies, I will tell you that the man who needs to be feared is one such Takeru Kobayashi, aka The Tsunami. This man, who weighs in at under 140 pounds, to shame several large guys who claimed that were banned from all you can eat restaurants. In the end he consumed over 17 pounds of cow brain in 15 minutes. Now that is an appetite.

Currently watching:

No comments: