25.1.06

Working On The Building

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... I love this life that God has allowed me to live and experience. I'm thankful for the people he has put into my life to the places he has directed me. It has been a fun, crazy adventure so far...

Like tomorrow, when I will be boarding a plane for the Philippines. Four other adults and I will be leading thirteen students on a trip to work with Habitat For Humanity. For a week we will be building homes, very similar to what I did last spring break. This year instead of heading to Bohol, we are going to be around Tagaytay, home of the world's smallest active volcano.

There is something about taking kids out of their comfort zone to help others that excites me. I love these kinds of trips. Partially because it was a trip like this that got started in this life of ministry. Also it give me a chance to get to know the students better in a setting outside of the dorm or classrooms. These trips also allow us to see a country not as tourists, but as participants and helpers of local ministries. And most importantly, I'm always amazed at what God does through, in, and sometimes in spite of me on a trip like this. If you want to learn a little more you can read the latest letter I sent out to my prayer supporters.

Well, I've got to go pack now.

Currently listening to: Martyn Joseph -

No comments: