24.1.06

It's Discord And Rhyme

In a few days some students and I will be
Building houses with Habitat for Humanity
Somewhere near the South China Sea
I'll get to ride in a cool jeepney
Near the smallest volcano one can see
And eat mangos right off the tree
Temperature gages will be above 80 degree
My iPod is packed with songs by Bill Mallonee
And many other of my favorite MP3
From this weather I'm ready to flee
I just wish you could come with me.

Did I mention on that volcano we will trek?
I just hope I don't get sunburnt on my neck
I should put on my iPod some music by Beck
And pack fifty two cards, you know a deck
My travel bag I got on a similar trip to the Czech
In Italy, I did have an automobile wreck
This poem should have ended, but what the heck
Here is a self portrait by Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec.

No comments: