16.6.05

A Year Old Post

Recently, I was going through some drafts of blog entries that never made it online. These were written but never posted for one reason or another. Exactly a year ago, I wrote the following entry, and I can't for the life of me remember why I didn't click publish. But after a discussion with a friend tonight, I thought it was only appropriate to dust it off, and let it finally see the light of day. To me, the following words are more appropriate today than they were a year ago. So enjoy this finely aged post...
Time is what I have come to fear the most
These hours, moments, all slip away
We can think we can control it by schedules
But it continues to pass on by
Carpe Diem they say, seize the day
But how can we seize what we can not hold?

Tonight I am saddened by the parting of a friend.
Tonight I wish I could stop time, not just for this one,
But for the many who have walked away,
And for those that I too will walk away from.

So to those friends who might come across this
I treasure the time we had
I long for the time we might have still
I am a better person for your part in my life.

No comments: