3.5.05

A Superhero Story

This week I had the pleasure of reading a story called The Unbelievable Origin of Superspiff & the Toothpick Kid. I laughed many times, and even out loud. Unfortunately for most of you, it can not be ordered at Amazon.com or anywhere else on the web. But, it should be dang it. In fact, today I got a notice from the author that it just won a little prestige and honor. So if any of you have a publishing company out there, I highly suggest you getting in touch with the author. You might have the next Harry Potter or Encyclopedia Brown franchise waiting for you.

I've also been listening to the new album by Bill Mallonee, "Hit And Run." I'm liking what I'm hearing so far, including the tracks "Losing Battle" and "Flowers". For a guy who has cranked out several albums a year, he isn't just releasing a bunch of junk. It is all good stuff, that can be and needs to be listened to several times to fully grasp and understand. I highly recommend checking out this, or any of his music.

The cool thing (besides it was recorded on my birthday) is that it is an internet release only, which saves on the shipping. It is all part of a whole new way of marketing music which I think could and should catch on. Forget the big record companies and talentless oversampled hacks and get back to the real artists making the money for their music and art.

Currently listening to: Bill Mallonee -

No comments: