11.5.05

Seoul Patch

Today was my day off, and like anyone wants on their day off, I was rudely awoken by an inconsiderate person... To top it off, I was so needing my sleep this morning. And getting back to sleep was not a great option due to those pesky animals in the neighborhood. And then when I hit the shower, I discovered that the hot water wasn't working. But I'm getting better.

In fact the day turned around with a little trip to Seoul. It started off with a hour long train trip. For those who have not experienced train travel (AMTRAK doesn't count!) it has to be one of the best ways to get from one place to another. Heck, if I could travel everywhere by train, I'd be a happy man. On the trip up I was able to get some good reading and sleep in.

Once in Seoul, I decided to randomly pick a subway stop to head to for some 'splorin'. And it was a pretty good payoff. I found some fun pet stores where you can buy everything from rabbits and chickens (although I wanted to kill the chickens before they could disturb another persons sleep) to lizards and fish as long as my arm. Plus I now know where to go if I'm looking for lighting fixtures, neon lights, industrial sized cable, castors of every size, and rubber bands. So if I ever get bored and decide to build the biggest rubber band ball in Korea, I know exactly where to go.

But the main reason I went to Seoul, was to hang out with David, one of my former students from BFA. Today, David became the first person to enjoy a meal with me on three different continents. As we talked we discovered we have enjoyed meals in seven different countries. Kinda cool I think. It was good to hang out with him and explore some parts of the city. Plus, I even got a hug from a Korean gentleman in the subway. So all in all it was a good day.

Oh, and I found a used CD store. This is a dangerous and exciting discovery for me.

Currently reading:

No comments: