15.5.05

Rolling Down The River

This weekend, I had the opportunity to join a group of students and staff and do some white water rafting. This was my first time white water rafting, and it was quite fun. We traveled down the Hantan River, which travels through parts known as the "Grand Canyon of Korea." Little did I know when I strapped on my personal floatation device and helmet that I was minutes away from one of the "Axis of Evil," and I'm not talking about when I first stepped into the water and realized how frigid it was. I guess that helmet wasn't just to protect me from hitting my head on the rocks. So, while Korean white water rafting might not have the intense rapids that other locations might boast about, they are not near a rogue nuclear state. Which, in my book, totally classifies it as an extreme sport.

Today, after church, I made a Subway stop on the way to Hanbat Stadium to catch the Eagles v. Wyverns. A beautiful day for a game, and two of my friends went home with official game balls. I went home empty handed. Maybe next time.

Wrapped up my remaining time off with some Chinese food (some is still sitting in my refrigerator) and walking around town with a friend.

All in all, a great weekend. Sure there were a few scrapes and scratches, but that is all part of life. And right now, I'm liking this life. Thanks to all who are a part of it, both here as well as watching from a distance.

P.S. Don't tell my momma I was that close to North Korea. As I performed an illegal border crossing into Poland a few years ago, she just doesn't trust me around major international borders.

Currently listening to: Bill Mallonee -

No comments: