28.5.05

I've Got Scars From the Wars

I'm a little disappointed tonight... You ask why? Well, today I saw what could be some of the worst acting since Dude Where's My Car? When I told others of my lack of joy in the film, they said, but it is part of a classic tale... but the special effects, but the.... You know what I don't grade my movies on a curve just because an actor has been good in other films, the director has made amazing films, or the special effects team have created remarkable visuals. I take each movie for what it is, and this one just wasn't. I saw characters that were so one dimensional, I could see through them (and at times actually did). I heard dialog that was worse than most high school plays. And talk about a guy going from fairly good to "Child killer bad" in one minute flat. Wow, I guess there wasn't a whole lot of time to work on character development... Oh wait, you had three films to do that. In the end, I don't agree with many that this film made up for the first two in the series. It might have made up for the first one, if you are generous.

At least the popcorn was good, and the movie was free.

No comments: