9.3.04

Yippie, I Won Me Some Money

I just got a check in the mail for $13.86 as part of the Compact Disc Minimum Advertised Price Settlement. See, last year my brother told me about this lawsuit against some of the big music companies by 43 states' Attorney Generals. Anyone who purchased music on CD, tape, or vinyl between January 1, 1995 to December 22, 2000 was eligible to receive a part of the settlement. And believe it or not, I actually made a couple purchases of music during that time. When I filled out the online form last year, I didn't really expect I would get any money out of the deal, but wow, I now have enough to go out and buy something. Who wants to guess what I'll buy?

Now if there would only be a case like this for people who purchased videos and DVDs.

Currently listening to: Dolly Varden - cover

No comments: