10.3.04

Hitting Too Close To Home

Once in a while the right song enters your world just at the right time. Recently this happened to me. I had the opportunity to hear Stephen Dawson and Diane Christiansen in concert, and they sang the song, "The Thing You Love Is Killing You." Dang, this song moved me like no other has recently. I felt like they had actually seen some of the thoughts in my head, and put it to some beautiful music. To all of you struggling to make a difference in this world, I present the lyrics to you.

I see your face all is not well
you try to hide it away but it's easy to tell
you stick to your guns even though you know it's true
the thing you love is killing you

when you were a kid inspiration called
slowly you've narrowed it down to a desk and a wall
you pour out your soul to a world who's indifference is spelled out for you
the thing you love is killing you

the thing you love won't let you sleep
your house out of order and your resistance weak
and what could you offer with such desperate eyes?
you try to recover a year at a time and when it's all over what conclusion do you come to?
the thing you love is killing you

Check out their band's site, where you can download a clip of the song. I highly recommend ordering their Duets CD. You will thank me for it.

Currently playing: Dawson and Christiansen - Duets.

No comments: