23.3.04

Blogger Idol - Week Ten - Childhood Treasures


This week's theme is "Childhood Treasures," and I am going to keep it simple. I now present a few select childhood memories, events and things when I look back, I have to smile: (in no particular order - or even significance - just what is coming to mind tonight...)

1. Getting a Commodore 64 for Christmas.
2. My pet rabbit, Slipper.
3. Summer vacations with the family
4. Meeting the new girl in the fifth grade class, and thus the beginning of my first major crush.
5. A great fifth grade year, which was well over due after the hell that my fourth grade teacher created.
6. Wiffleball games in the backyard
7. Watching cartoons like Justice League of Superfriends, and then discussing them at school the next day, like they were the major news of the day.
8. My screen test for a Skippy Peanut Butter commercial, that could have turned me into a childhood star, followed by a life of drugs, "Where Are They Now Shows," and selling my sad story later in life.
9. Sneaking downstairs to watch the Soupy Sales Show.
10. The World's Fair in Knoxville, Tennessee - Where America fully introduced the world to the hillbillies.

Well, that will have to do for now....

Be sure to check out the other entries for this week by clicking the little button.
blogger_idol-1.gif

Currently listening to: Def Leppard - cover - The first record I ever owned and which I won at a Peoria Chiefs baseball game.

Here are the old comments.

No comments: