31.1.04

Teacher, I'm Confused

Ok, putting the below maps on the site, I got to thinking about Greenland. For some reason, I've been confused as of late, in regards to where it is placed in the grand scheme of continents and all. So I did a search in Google for "Greenland Europe or North America." I had to laugh at the first few entries. The blurb under the World66 entry says, "North America consists of three countries, the United States , Canada and Greenland." While the next entry for a Google regional search/North America/Greenland has the following phrase in it "Greenland - http://www.mapzones.com/world/europe/greenland/index.php Includes..." Notice the word in bold.

So, after a little more searching I am happy to report that I believe Greenland is part of North America, with Canada and a bunch of other countries north of the Panama Canal. But at the same time, Greenland is part of the Kingdom of Denmark, which is part of Europe. Greenland has home court advantage, or home rule so they are autonomous, not decepticons. So to sum it all up, geographically Greenland is North American, politically they are European.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Currently listening to: Nothing

No comments: