19.1.04

Blogger Idol - Week 1 - Entry 1 (aka Teacher I Don't Think I Understood The Assignment)


I preface the following post by saying I'm jumping aboard a little web experiment called Blogger Idol. Don't worry, it is not a cheesy competition to weed out the most popular, but least talented blogger like some ______ Idol shows. And even if I won, I don't think I would settle for a contract where I would get less than the janitor at the recording studio where they would over sample, mass produce my latest (and only hit), but there I go rambling again.

WEEK ONE'S THEME - The 80s

Wow, I can remember the early eighties. Some would have considered it a time of lawlessness. I mean you can almost still hear the shots and celebratory whoops and hollers as the outlaw Billy the Kid is shot down by Sheriff Pat Garrett, and later that same year Wyatt Earp and family have a little rumble at the O.K. Corral. Heck, it was just a year later that Jesse James caught a bullet in the back that seriously ended his outlaw days. I can only imagine what the times would have been like if the gun control advocates would have had more power.
But it was also a time of surrenders, with both Sitting Bull and Geronimo laying down their weapons and picking up their reservations.
And to top it all off, right before we hit the 90s, Washington, Montana, and North and South Dakota were welcomed into the Union.
All in all, I would say that was one kickin' decade, one the likes of we will never see again.

Teacher, I think I might have misunderstood the assignment.

Currently listening to: Waterdeep - You Are So Good To Me

Here are the old comments.

No comments: