24.1.04

Childhood Memories

While, the last entry was about the death of Captain Kangaroo, I was thinking about some of the other shows I used to watch as a child, and how there are few comparisons on today's television line up. Unless you really think kids are learning from Fear Factor and Punk'd. So I was doing a little web surfing on some of my favorite shows, like the Bozo Show, Captain Kangaroo, Soupy Sales, and then I remembered a local show that I used to watch called The Captain Jinks Show. It was on a local station in Peoria. Don't remember a whole lot about it, other than it had some cool cartoons, a couple of wacky hosts, and my brother got to go to a taping of the show and even won some prize. But, if he stumbles across this entry, he will probably be upset with me for bringing that show back into his memory, as I don't think it was one of his favorites. Oh well, at least I didn't bring up his fear of the Umpa Lumpas.

Currently listing to: Athlete - Vehicles and Animals

No comments: