28.2.06

Rescue Me From The Mire

Some might know that for the last few months I've been posting a new rhyming poem on Tuesdays on my xanga site. I've decided to share them with the rest of the world on this site as well. I might even go back and post the old ones in the past on this site. That is if I get ambitious. Until, enjoy this gem for the week...

Some good friends who I do admire
The other night gathered around a fire
Almost like the hobbits from the shire.
To start it we could have used a quire
As that could have made it higher.
Some quality meat we did acquire
Yet much remained when we did retire.
The smoke permeated that evenings' attire
So I must now go use the washer and dryer.

There was a project called Enquire
That predated the Web ten years prior.
On the Web I learned that only a entire
Can a champion race horse sire.
And just like humans often perspire
Plants release water when they transpire.

When my mortal life does expire
I have but one silly little desire
That you send me off on a pyre.

As I finish this poem I do inquire
Does this self portrait inspire?

Currently listening to: Bill Mallonee -

No comments: