19.2.06

Barely Out Of Tuesday

For some stupid reason, I added a Rhyming Tuesday to my Haiku Friday over on my Xanga postings... Thought I'd share this weeks with you all. And please don't suggest any other poetic days of the week. These two drive me batty as it is.

For four summers I worked a camp near Kalamazoo
Where I taught kids fishing and the art of canoe.
Once in a town in France I had some cheese fondue
In a place the week before James Bond had been to
When we left we told the owner merci beaucoup.

There are many things I wish I knew,
Like what is the proper way to woo?
Why do the British call a line a queue
And refer to a bathroom as a loo?
Will we all really die from avian flu?
Why do people think violets are blue,
Because we all know it is not exactly true.
I do know most Ikea furniture uses a allen screw,
Sammy Hagar, not David Lee Roth sang on OU812.
To end this stupid poem I will give you
M.C. Escher's self portrait for all to view.

No comments: