21.2.06

My Olympic Dream

For the next entry in the "Stuck in Seoul" Series, I going Olympic. Today, as I was wondering around Seoul, I took a walk through Olypic Park. As I passed through there, I thought about the current games, as well as what the games represent. The idea of the world coming together for friendly competition is a noble thing. I hear about the two Koreans entering the opening ceremony together, and it gives me hope. I read the story of Andre Spitzer approaching the Lebenese team in 72, and I tear up. It makes me wonder if it isn't the individual people of various countries that cause all the problems and wars, but the leadership and the few in charge.

And as I walked along, I also thought about the other Olympic host cities I've been in. Tonight I did my research and found I've been in seventeen cities that have hosted an Olympics. Twelve of the summer cities, and five of the winter cities. Now if I could only get to one of the cities when it is actually in progress.

No comments: