15.11.05

For The Birds

I admit I'm a bit of an internet junkie. Mix that with my curiosity of odd news, and you have a dangerous mix. Like today I was telling a story to friends that comes from the Netherlands. It goes a little like this...

Most people think that domino toppling ended with the decline of sales of Domino Rally sometime in the late 80s. But luckily classic 80's rock is not the only thing that is kept alive in Europe. There is even a yearly attempt to set a world record for domino toppling.

And while most people thing that this is a fairly safe and simple sport, this year's attemtpt at a record turned fatal. Sadly a sparrow decided to join in the fun, and took out a few thousand dominos before it was taken out. Now the lone gunman finds himself the target of those who want his death.

What does this all have to do with the grand scheme of life? I have no clue, just thought I'd share what I've learned this week. And I hadn't updated in a little while...

Currently reading:

No comments: