31.8.05

Flying High

Today was my day off, and I delcare it good. Woke up this morning and had a decent chat with my roommate. I then headed off on a hike across town. Stopped for some gelato. I went with the Kiwi/Pineapple, Cherry, and Mango flavors, as I still can not get myself to try the corn or cheese flavors. Then it was off to the batting cages, where I feel I did pretty well. And then the final destination of the walk was Walmart. There I purchased a bike and some gear to go with it. I then proceeded to ride back home. The night consisted of dinner with a good friend, and a movie with some others.

But the kicker was on my way back to the dorm after the movie, I flipped over the handle bars of my new bike. Basically it was a combination of hill, pothole at bottom of hill, and too much front brake. Other than a brief moment of panic, I rather enjoyed the experience. It made me feel alive.

In older news, I finally put the photos from the storm that delayed my arrival in Korea. And thanks to all who commented on my recent attempt at poetry, perhaps more will come.

Currently listening to:

No comments: