23.8.05

Reality Television

Just when you think television can't get any worse, people like this guy remind us that idiots have been on the air for a long time. Poor television is nothing new.

For those who don't know, this week Pat publically stated on his "religious, Christian, or what ever you want to call it" show that the US should assassinate Hugo Chavez, the Venezuelan president. This coming from a guy who publically has commented on the sanctity of life for years. But don't hold that against him, he has also claimed that Hindu and Muslim judges should not serve at a federal level. He even was part of an interview on his own show shortly after September 11, 2001, informed their audience that "the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians" helped the terrorists. Man, you look at some of the other things this guy has done or said, and I'm ready to send in my cash to keep the 700 club running.

Once again, I ask the question, do true followers of Christ really wonder why some people think that Christians are crazy? Now, I know I'm no way perfect, but I do my best to not run my mouth with brain disconnected when I've got a microphone in front of me. Guess that is something that my broadcasting degree is good for. I wonder if you compared the number who are lead into the kingdom by the televangelists to the number of those who are turned away... Petra said it best, "All God's children should be seen and not heard."

By the way, his personal webiste is blocked by the internet security program on this computer due to "hate speach." Ironic, don't you think? A little too ironic, I really do think.

Currently listening to:

No comments: