29.8.05

And I Didn't Even Know It

In a moment of complete boredom recently, I penned the following poem. I don't think it is going to put me in the ranks of Emily Dickenson, Shel Silverstein, or William Shakespeare, but I felt it was at least good enough to share with you all. I call it....

"Dangerously Beautiful"

Twenty-five miles to go down this long highway,
She sits beside me sleeping so peaceful and serene.
Knowing what a tough day her weary body has seen,
I only imagine the dreams running through her mind,
Hoping that I make at least an appearance from time to time.
One can see how the fairy tale of Sleeping Beauty came to be
With a glance at the smile that graces here face.
Afraid to wake her I sit quietly admiring the sight,
But seriously questioning why I let her drive tonight.


Currently listening to: Kate Rusby -

No comments: